Fixed

import error message about tilecontent in editor.window!

Chris87 9 years ago updated by tmpxyz 9 years ago 5
Just purchased this asset, when i import it to unity 5.0.1f1, and unity update the content to work with unity 5, i get the following error message:

Assets/Skele/CharacterAnimationTools/Editor/EUtil.cs(652,15): error CS1061: Type `UnityEditor.EditorWindow' does not contain a definition for `titleContent' and no extension method `titleContent' of type `UnityEditor.EditorWindow' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Under review
Hi, Chris87,

Sorry for the late reply,
It's caused by that Unity5.0 doesn't have the API, I have put a temporary workaround for that in the link below.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/skele-character-animation-tools-cutscenes-and-animations-authoring-tools.240996/page-12#post-2238860

The fix will also be included in the next update.

Best regards,
Hi. Thank you.

Now the asset is working but i can't save any animations.
I have followed the tutorials by first making the model generic, then set up the animator. Then in animation window, i first press record, then in the inspector i press the green "StartEdit" button. Once i repositioned the limbs i press "StopEdit" button. If i then in the animator window press record or play all my changes are erased and the models pose turn back to how it was from the beginning.
Like in this video, but at the end you don't press the record key or anything else to save the edited animation pose, but when I do it just reset the pose.

I also tried to make a new animation by following the tutorials, but when i move the muscles its new positions points (or what ever they called) in the animation window doesn't appear like in the video.
And how do I use the DAE exporter?
Hi, Chris87,

As I've seen in Unity5.1, the pose of model will return to the pose at frame 0 when you toggle off record". So that's how it's supposed to work.

As long as the keyframes you record are well kept, then your work is well saved.

So, have you seen the new keyframes added in the dope sheet? ( in AnimationWindow )

The standard procedure should be:
1. Open up the Animation Window, and toggle on the "record"
2. Press "StartEdit"
3. Move around the Joints of your model, you should see the keyframes added, <= (the most important point)
4. Press "EndEdit"
5. Toggle off the "record"
6. Play the animation, check the keyframes you just added.

Well, indeed it doesn't really matter when you press the "StartEdit"/"EndEdit", the most important things are the added keyframes.

So could you clarify that the keyframes are not recorded at all, or they're erased after you toggle off the "record"?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Best regards,

As for the DAE exporter, check for these two videos: